Cytron 25Amp 7V-58V High Voltage DC Motor Driver
The MD25HV is a high voltage single channel bidirectional motor driver for brushed DC motor from 7V to 58V. With discrete NMOS H-Bridge design, this motor driver is able to support 25Amp continuously without additional heatsink.
The onboard test buttons and motor output LEDs allow functional test of the motor driver in a quick and convenient way without hooking up the host controller. Buck regulator which produces 5V output is also available to power the host controller. This is especially useful for high voltage application where no additional power source nor high voltage buck regulator is needed.
MD25HV can be controlled with PWM and DIR inputs. With input logic voltage range from 1.8V to 30V, it’s compatible with wide variety of host controller (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PLC). If you prefer to control the motor directly without any programming, this motor driver can be controlled from a potentiometer (speed) and a switch (direction) too.
Various protection features are also incorporated in the MD25HV. Overcurrent protection prevents the motor driver from damage when the motor stalls or an oversized motor is hooked up. When the motor is trying to draw current more than what the motor driver can support, the motor current will be limited at the maximum threshold.
Assisted by temperature protection, the maximum current limiting threshold depends on the board temperature. The higher the board temperature, the lower the current limiting threshold. This way, MD25HV is able to deliver its full potential depending on the actual condition without damaging the MOSFETs.
Note: Power input does not have reverse-voltage protection. Connecting the battery in reverse polarity will damage the motor driver instantaneously.
- Bidirectional control for one brushed DC motor.
- Operating Voltage: DC 7V to 58V
- Maximum Motor Current: 25A continuous, 60A peak
- 5V output for the host controller (250mA max)
- Buttons for quick testing.
- LEDs for motor output state.
- Dual Input Mode: PWM/DIR or Potentiometer/Switch Input.
- PWM/DIR Inputs compatible with 1.8V, 3.3V, 5V, 12V and 24V logic (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PLC, etc).
- PWM frequency up to 40kHz (Output frequency is fixed at 16kHz).
- Overcurrent protection with active current limiting.
- Temperature protection.
- Undervoltage shutdown.
Example Application: Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV), Mobile Robot, Automation Machine, Electric Vehicle.
- 1 x MD25HV
- 1 x Potentiometer with connector
- 1 x Rocker switch with connector
- 4 x Nylon PCB Standoffs/Spacers