CYTRON MOTOR DRIVER – SMARTDRIVEDUO-30 – MDDS30
SmartDriveDuo-30 is one of the latest smart series DC motor drivers designed to drive medium power brushed DC motor with current capacity up to 80A peak (few seconds) and 30A continuously, each channel. This driver is designed especially for controlling differential drive mobile robot using RC controller. Nevertheless, MDDS30 also can be controlled using analogue joystick or microcontroller (PWM, Serial). MOSFETs are switched at 18 KHz to ensure quiet operation and no annoying whining sound. Besides, it also equipped with a microcontroller unit to provide smart features such as multiple input modes and current limit and thermal protection.
And with that, it is smart enough to accept control signal from:
- RC (Radio Control)
- PWM of microcontroller
- Analog voltage of Potentiometer/Variable Resistor/Joystick
- UART data of microcontroller
The operation mode is determined by the configuration on DIP switch, please do refer to the User’s Manual for detailed settings. To make it RC receiver friendly, we have added a 2×3 header pin, with just 2 x RC extension cable(which is included), the wiring is done, it takes only 2 minutes! And by default, MDDS30 is configured in RC controller, Mixed control mode, even easier!
With MDDS30’s wide operating voltage range, you can now series up two SLA battery to power your motor as it supports up to 35VDCinput. And you only require one power input to operate the motor and driver. Don’t worry, 3-cell and 6-cell Li-po battery are within the operating voltage 🙂 Hey! It also comes with battery low voltage warning, what else do you need?
- Bi-directional control for dual brushed DC motor.
- Support motor voltage from 7V to 35VDC.
- Maximum current up to 80A peak (1 second), 30A continuous, each channel.
- On board MOSFETs are switched at 18 KHz for quiet operation.
- Regenerative Braking.
- On board Error LEDs to indicate: (each channel)Thermal protection.
- Multiple input modes:GROVE compatible connectors for control input.
- On board push buttons for fast test and manual operation.
- On board LED indicators for Error, RUN, Over current, motor output, for each channel.
- NO POLARITY PROTECTION FOR V MOTOR.
- Dimension: 81.28mm(W) x 101.60mm (L) x 42mm (H)
- 1 x MDDS30
- 2 x Grove 4-pin Buckled, 20cm Cable
- 2 x 2561 3-way connector extension wire