CYTRON MOTOR DRIVER – SMARTDRIVE40 – MDS40B
After the success of MDS40A and with feedback from users, we have improved it and it is now Enhanced Smartdrive 40A.
* Please consider proper wire/cable for the battery and motor, thin jumper wire/cable is not suitable for high current application. It will affect the performance of driver and motor control. We recommend using Multicore Wire AWG14 Red and Multicore Wire AWG14 Black.
- Bi-directional control for a single brushed DC motor.
- Support motor from 10V to 45V.
- Regenerative Braking.
- Maximum current up to 80A peak, reduce to 40A gradually according to temperature.
- 16 KHz switching frequency for quiet operation.
- NO Reverse polarity protection.
- LiPo battery low voltage warning.
- Thermal protection.
- Current limiting base on temperature.
- Multiple input modes: RC (Radio Control), Analog, PWM, Simplified Serial and Packetized Serial.
- On board push button for manual operation.
- 105mm (W) x 106mm(D) x 38mm(H) – Actual driver board
- 125mm (W) x 107mm (D) x 47mm (H) – together with the base
- Increased Vin range, upto 45VDC, so you can utilize more battery and control higher power motor.
- Responsive current limiting sensor and algorithm to better protect the driver itself and also your motor.
- High Ampere screw terminals for both battery and motor connection.
- Additional terminal for activate or deactivate driver further cut off the power to motor driver, eliminating the need for high power switch.
- Use switching power supply for 5V regulation, higher output current (5V) and improved efficiency.
- Option to add fan for better heat dissipation, further increase maximum continuous current.
- Ready header for RC receiver connection.
- Protection of over voltage.